cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband or Internet light

Tin1

No Broadband or Internet light

Hi, I'm using Plusnet supplied BT openreach modem which connects to the 2704n router. Today the internet stopped working suddenly. There is only the LAN and power LED on the modem and only the power, WiFi and two LAN lights on the router (PC + Modem ports). None of the cables have been swapped and I've tried reboots and resets through the browser interface. I've also tried a third party router, which has the same issues (using PPPoE and my login details).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tin
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: No Broadband or Internet light

@Tin1  Welcome to the forum.

Do you have a dial tone on your phone? If not then report a phone fault to your phone provider if not Plusnet. Otherwise report a fault to to https://faults.plus.net.

You can also try the mobile phone bot, see here:  https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Information/How-to-get-help-with-your-service-during-the-bad-w... 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hiya @Tin1

Welcome to the forums and I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I can see you contact our team over the phone and we found that your connection is being affected by an external issue. 

Our faults team will keep you updated via the ticket here and we are due an update by midnight on the 30/3/22. Please drop me a message if you haven't had an update by then and I will chase it for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Tin1

Hi, could I check an engineer is looking into the problem today? My partner works from home and has been unable to do so since Monday morning.

Assuming this is not resolved today is it possible to supply us a simcard with unlimited data for hotspot purposes until the issue is resolved?

Tin
Tin1

Still no internet, any updates please?
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hey tin1, thanks a lot for getting in touch and I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having issues. I'm not dismissing the fact that you don't have broadband at the moment, but do you have a dial tone on the phone line? If so, I'll close the phone fault on the account down and will get a broadband fault raised. 

A broadband line test is inconclusive at the moment, so there's definitely something wrong. 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds