cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband for 6 days, hoping for an update.

FIXED
mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

No Broadband for 6 days, hoping for an update.

Got through last Thursday on the phone after a 30 minute wait.  Was told the estimated time of fix (It's a BT exchange issue) would be Monday but Plusnet would keep me informed.  Not heard anything today or yesterday.  I don't want to add to the ticket as it's still "Awaiting support team answer".  Any news (rather than no update at all / waiting) is good news in my opinion.  I presume staff can find my account/ticket.

11 REPLIES 11
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Re: No Broadband for 6 days, hoping for an update.

Hi @mikeyd 

The Plusnet staff do not appear to have the time to respond to many forum posts in these COVID 19 times.

As you have contacted Plunset re the fault, there should be a ticket/question on your account.

There may be an update on the question.

Try: https://www.plus.net/wizard/index.html?p=search

Regards

Richard

mikeyd
Rising Star

Thanks, yes I've been checking the ticket.  For the last couple of days, it's just said ".... is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon."

mikeyd
Rising Star

Anyone know how best to proceed.  I'm not a key worker or disabled or anything, and I do have 4G on my plusnet phone that I can tether but that's expensive.

Over a week now with no broadband (Fibre extra).  Last Thursday I phoned up and after they checked said it's a fault at my exchange which won't be fixed until Monday.  But I've heard nothing since. 

The ticket was put on hold until Tuesday morning which is fair enough but was then released by a bot and put back on hold by someone to "Wait for a response" after which it was released this morning.  I don't want to add to the ticket as it says "only add further comments when absolutely necessary".  Not sure what to do next.  I could tag @Anoush as he was brilliant when I moved here 4 years ago and had trouble but not sure if that's the best way to go about it without pi***ng plusnet staff off. (Oops)..

The fault from my end is that all web pages redirect to a BT wholesale page, which initially made me think my router had lost the ability to log in, but same with the plusnet supplied router I dug out the cupboard. Also, although I can dial out, dialling in doesn't work so I agree with PN it's an exchange problem.

Just really want an update.

I have removed names from below.

Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:10am, Tuesday 20 Oct 2020
Question [ 207224935 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

**Someones name** - CSC Analyst
3:58pm, Wednesday 21 Oct 2020
[internal]

Putting on hold to wait for response

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 22nd October at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

**Someones name**
Script User - Automated Script Pool
7:09am, Thursday 22 Oct 2020
Question [ 207224935 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon.

Our Support Team will respond to your question soon. Please only add further comments when absolutely necessary.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi there @mikeyd, I can see that this fault is still ongoing due to external works and further actions required from our Suppliers. I've spoke with them this afternoon and I'll be updating your question on the account very shortly.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
mikeyd
Rising Star

Hi @tinytaco ,

Thanks for restoring my faith.  I'll wait it out another weekend.  Just for info, if anyone else finds themselves in the same situation this is what my connection sees (and has done since I called PN last Thursday).  Also, not broadband-related but my phone can call any number, but anyone dialling me gets a ringing tone but my phone doesn't ring. 

And, before anyone asks, the settings in both my usual and the original plusnet supplied router that I've tried are correct.

I think 5 on the list applies and hopefully, they will figure it out and plug me back in at the exchange soon. 

Screenshot 2020-10-23 211528.jpg

mikeyd
Rising Star

13 days now.  @tinytaco I've just realised something significant I think, which might help your suppliers.

To recap: Fibre Broadband is unchanged.  Everything redirects to the screenshot I put above.

I cannot receive calls to the landline on the same PN line (caller gets a sound like it's ringing) but the landline gets nothing.

Here is the interesting part.  I can make phone calls (to anywhere) from the landline but when I call my own mobile the caller ID is wrong!  last 3 digits are 958 instead of 525.  The first 8 digits (STD code) are correct.  I won't put them here but the landline & broadband (and my mobile) are all supplied by PN so staff should be able to figure it out.

I'm now even more convinced it's a routing issue at the exchange.

Please (pretty please) could someone pass this on to OR and I'm happy to be contacted anytime (By mobile obviously).

mikeyd
Rising Star

This Question is now on hold until Saturday 31st October at 7:00am.
Kind regards,

It's the 31st now..  3rd week of no broadband.  As far as I can tell, nothing has been done as the symptoms are exactly the same as when I reported it. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @mikeyd 

I'm really sorry for the problems with your line. From what I can see there seems to be cable fault which needs further investigation. I've chased this up with our suppliers and I've been advised that there's multiple faults along the line, and another engineer will be going out asap to investigate further. We should know more on 03/11/20 and we'll provide an update as soon as we can, normally within 72 hours.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikeyd
Rising Star

@Gandalf Thanks for the update both here and the ticket.  It sounds then that it isn't just me, so hopefully it will be sorted soon. Please keep updating, as I need to plan if I can work from home etc.

mikeyd
Rising Star

Fix

Update, Short version: After 19 days, fibre broadband back on and phone now back to the original number after a very nice chap from Openreach attended.

Long version: Openreach guy phoned yesterday to say he was in the area and needed to put a tone on the line from my property to get any further as he couldn't identify the wires from the cabinet end. Luckily (as I was 20 miles away at work) he said he could come back this morning, which he did, even phoning 15 minutes before he turned up, wearing a mask, insisting he took his shoes off etc. I showed him that I could call out, but with the wrong number attached to the line and that all internet access was being blocked at the exchange and web pages redirecting to the BT wholesale page I posted above.

So he did a quick test with his analyser, then left his tone generator plugged in and went off to work his magic. When he returned he said (I think..) he'd moved the fibre connection in the local (50 yards away) fibre cabinet (He said before that he knew which port it should be on), and had also been to the exchange (or possibly the copper cabinet halfway between) to sort the phone out. He then said it looked good but there was a little bit of battery fault on the line and wanted to redo the connections at the bottom of the pole outside my house. Came back again, tested everything and made sure I was back online and so all good.

Got there in the end, not sure what caused the original fault (I could guess) but these things happen.

And then this afternoon,  (after 3 hours of solid connection) Plusnet updated my ticket telling my OR wanted me to book an appointment through plusnet to come round to my property, but it would be a £65 bill if I had caused the fault.  I guess PN and OR had a delay in communicating. 

Anyway thanks, especially to @Gandalf and @tinytaco  who took the time to pick up forum posts.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hey up @mikeyd Smiley

Glad we've been able to help and you're back online, please ignore the engineer visit request - the update changed from engineer request to resolved not long after the message was sent! Shocked 

I've worked out your down time and applied it to the account, you can see more in the email I've just sent over. Have a lovely evening. 

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team