Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband and Orange light

MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

No Broadband and Orange light

Hi,

Long time Fibre Plus user here. Been working flawlessly for years with barely a reboot of the router ever required.

Couple of hours ago realised I'd lost broadband. Orange light on router with occasional flash of blue. Rebooted it, green -> blue -> orange flashing -> orange solid. Can't log into it. Dial tone seems ok. Have reseated all cables, only phone/router plugged into master socket, no extensions plugged in.

Have tried rebooting a few times, even leaving it switched off a couple of minutes.

What is my next step? Reset the router? Don't really want to unless absolutely necessary because I'll lose all my port forwarding etc...

Help, supposed to be working online tomorrow and Saturday...!
6 REPLIES 6
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: No Broadband and Orange light

Hi @MyWifesHusband I can see your internet went out for a couple of hours and has since returned, weird! Just monitor your connection and let us know if you have connection issues again so we can look into this. Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Thanks for the response!

Yes, after battling for an hour or so I decided to see if it came back on its own and it has been up since then.  These things happen I guess but it worried me a bit as I don't get paid if I can't work from online!

Everything seems OK now except my printer but I guess that must be down to some config issue somewhere.

Just glad I hung on rather than resetting the router!

MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Just tagging on to the end of my previous post - no problems at all for the last 6 weeks, then exactly the same thing this evening. Noticed the BB went down an hour or so ago, checked dial tone/wiring/sockets and all good. Rebooted router and still an orange light.

All a bit worrying when I'm reliant on it for work at the moment and mobile data doesn't cut it for videocalls!

What can I do!?
MyWifesHusband
Dabbler

Huh. It was back on by 2am! Any reason for these outages? They're ok if they're of an evening but would be a problem while working during the day...
Mark63
Rising Star

I look after three Plusnet connections, (inc my own) and two BT connections, a mixture of ADSL and FTTC, and all of them had simultaneous failures in the early hours of this morning, and also yesterday (1st July) morning.

Spread over Hampshire and one in deepest Dorset.

I suspect BT are performing overnight work on their core systems ?

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @MyWifesHusband

Sorry to hear about that. I have looked into  your connection and looks like everything is back to normal. If you will notice any further drops - please get back in touch so we will be able to check this for you. These kind of drops during night hours are usually caused by some  PEW (Planned engineer works) by Openreach like swapping equipment, installing new one etc.

Here is history graph of your connection. Based on this there is nothing to worry about.