cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband Light on Router - Connection dropping

snookerace

No Broadband Light on Router - Connection dropping

We have an Unlimited Fibre Extra account and have been having problems for the last few months of connection dropping everyday sometimes 5-10 times but more recently it has been nearer to 5-10 times per hour!

I have done all the tests, reset, rebooted etc on many occasions and still it happens.  The LAN1 light on the BT Openreach box is flashing as are the Wi-fi, internet and Eth4 lights on the 2704n router but there is no light on the Broadband.

Can you help as this is driving us crazy and contemplating switching providers once the contract is up for renewal if not fixed !!

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: No Broadband Light on Router - Connection dropping

Welcome to the forum.

No-one is constantly monitoring your connection so I'm afraid that if you have been having problems for months then Plusnet would not be aware unless you have reported a fault.

Hopefully a member of Plusnet staff will pick this up soon and be able to confirm whether they can see your line dropping at their end then hopefully identify whether the fault is external to your property..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Snookerace, 

Yes, logs are showing that the connection is dropping out every few minutes at the moment. I've tested the line and we're seeing "an impairment in the copper joint" this basically means there is a physical fault with the line which we can get our suppliers to sort out without the need for an engineer visit so I'll get that reported now for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
snookerace

Thanks Baldrick1 - will know for next time if there is one!

snookerace

Thanks - any idea on timescales and is that why there is no Broadband light on the router? 

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

It can take up to 72 hours for this to be investigated further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team