cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband - How Long To Respond After Reporting Fault?

nothappy
Dabbler

No Broadband - How Long To Respond After Reporting Fault?

Hello
Our broadband service stopped working last Saturday,  Telephone is fine.
We completed all the basic tests and tried another 2 router's without success. The fault was reported at lunch time last Sunday, all we've seen on the ticket is the automated responses that appeared within 1 hour and nothing since.
The ticket says 'awaiting action', to hear nothing in 4 day's is abysmal.
We're seriously regretting the move from Virgin.

8 REPLIES 8
dnpark38
Rising Star

Re: No Broadband - How Long To Respond After Reporting Fault?

I think the Ticket system is broken.
From the Forum seems to me the phone is the best way to communicate with Plusnet, but reports say takes a while to answer you.
Sad
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
nothappy
Dabbler

Thanks.
I would give them a ring but they say it's working and they couldn't find a fault. Shocked
They must've done something as we haven't touched anything in 4 days and have been checking it every few hours to see if it's working.
ericgripp
Grafter

Nothappy have you got another modem/router you can test with ?
what have you currently got ? 2 separate boxes ? what lights are on each box ?
I would advise (if you have the isp supplied kit) turning off the PlusNet router and the openreach modem for at least an hour then power back up again (openreach first then plusnet box when powering back up)
jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

on current form you'll be waiting weeks relying on the ticket system. 
You'll have to take the pain of hanging on the phone (with horrible distorted music) if you want anything to happen faster.  Sad
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Can you please provide us with a run down of the problems experienced here so that we can advise further? Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
nothappy
Dabbler

We lost broadband connection on Saturday 28th March early evening. Telephone working fine.
We're using our own Netgear Router, working fine for 3 months.

When we lost connection, we tried resetting the modem and router without success.

Replaced the router with the Plusnet one and then another Netgear without success, also unplug telephone telephone line.

Reconnect the original router, reset router and modem without success.
Report Fault on Sunday.

Every few hours we would check for a working broadband connection without success.
The Ticket is updated 4 days later on Thursday

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID  NA  Service ID  BBEU17452912

Test Outcome                                        Pass
Test Outcome Code                              GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description                                              GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location                              OK
Sync Status                                              In Sync
Downstream Speed                              61.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed                                    19.4 Mbps
Appointment Required                          N
Fault Report Advised                            N
NTE Power Status                                PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result                          Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
                                                  Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters                            Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)  Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp                    2015-04-02T12:00:11.094+01:00  2015-04-02T12:15:11.094+01:00
Ingress Code Violation          0                                                          0
Egress Code Violation            0                                                          0
Errored Seconds                    0                                                          0
Severely Errored Seconds    0                                                          0
Unavailable Seconds            0                                                          0
Summary: No fault with the line. Will advise of this.

So we didn't touch anything from Sunday so it can be left all connected for testing

When the test results are added to the ticket on Thursday lunchtime - we now have a working broadband service - something must've been done at around that time as we had been checking every few hours since sunday.

Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue Huh
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I think the agent who sent that response did do something but hasn't put what he's done.
It looked like the connection was stuck on our end and we managed to clear it which was what brought the connection back.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
nothappy
Dabbler

Quote from: Matthew
I think the agent who sent that response did do something but hasn't put what he's done.
It looked like the connection was stuck on our end and we managed to clear it which was what brought the connection back.

Ahh, okay then.
Thanks for the reply  Wink