Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Broadband Fibre Extra - Loss of service

FIXED
mk425
Hooked

No Broadband Fibre Extra - Loss of service

Hello there,

I'm writing to you here as a last resort!

After being a happy customer for the last few years, I decided to upgrade to Broadband Fibre Extra when I moved to a new property early November. From that date onwards, I have been in a constant battle the whole month trying to get a functional broadband service. Between waiting for almost an hour on the line or chatline each time to be told "Sorry, the faults team will send you update". Two engineers visited but nothing got resolved. Still no internet.

My understanding is that the nearby hub is full and openreach/plusnet have to dig to get new ports. So if this is not feasible for you (which is understandable), I would like to an alternative solution. Otherwise, I would like you to cancel my contract and waive any penalties.

Hope you will be able to reply with something more than the usual polite apology. I would like to get an actual update, if not then workable solutions.

Thanks

M

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: No Broadband Fibre Extra - Loss of service

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having.

I'm chasing this up for you and we'll update the open fault shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
mk425
Hooked

Thanks Matt, While I don't mind another visit, but two engineers have already checked the property over the last few weeks. The main issue (according to the their report and plusnet customer service) lies at the exchange. Happy for the engineer to visit: a) today (1pm - 6pm), b) tomorrow (8am - 1pm), c) tomorrow (1pm - 6pm) Hope they will be able to let me know ASAP. Thanks again. M
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, we can make sure the engineer checks the full length of the line from your property to the exchange and would also have to go through a specific set of "quality gates" 

Could you please reply back to the ticket with your availability as we're only able to authorise the booking that way. Please drop us another reply back here when you have. 

Adam 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mk425
Hooked

Hi there, could you please have a look at the updated ticket? I have already replied and confirmed.

My understanding is that the engineer visit is already scheduled for tomorrow between 8am - 1pm. Hope this is still the case? Unless this is an additional engineer visit that needs to be scheduled afterwards!

Please confirm.

Thanks

M

mk425
Hooked

Hi there,

Please see below:

-------------------------------------------

noush Mortazavi - CSC Analyst
1:02pm, Thursday 6 Dec 2018
Dear XXX,

Thanks for contacting us via Facebook Conversation #94437876

Your appointment for a broadband engineer has been booked for 07-12-2018 between 8am and 1pm.

Please note, if the engineer finds the problem is with your internal wiring, your equipment, the condition of your property or the Openreach network has been damaged within the boundary of your property by things like building or garden works or if no fault is found, you will receive a charge of £65 to cover the cost of the engineer.

This charge will also apply if you miss the appointment or you cancel without giving us 2 working days' notice.

[INTERNAL]
Appointment ref: 525CCEAFR
Fault ref: 3-833705039557
Visit Number: 2

Kind regards,

Anoush Mortazavi

[Email notification sent to: XXX]

[Sms Message: Plusnet: Your appointment for an engineer has been booked for 07-12-2018 between 8am and 1pm. Please note if the engineer is unable to gain access, finds the fault to be caused by your internal wiring or equipment, or no fault is found, a £65 charge will apply.]

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi @mk425

Yep, looks like the appointment was booked, went ahead and you're up and running now.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mk425
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf! The engineer came and the broadband is up and running.

However, I'm only getting 44MB when I tested it before leaving home. I shall wait for 10 days (as recommended) in order for it to go up to the average speed of 66 MB (for broadband fibre extra). Otherwise, I will reach out again.

Please let me know the minimum speed guaranteed on this package.

Best wishes,

Marv

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @mk425,

I'm glad to hear the broadband is back up and running. Regarding your MGALS (Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed) I've checked your account and I can see that it is 56.1Mbps download speeds. The estimated range for your line however is anywhere from 62.2MBps to 80Mbps download speeds and if the speed doesn't increase to a figure somewhere within this range in the next few days, please let us know so we can take a further look into this with you.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
mk425
Hooked

Thanks AJ. Good to know. I will check it again and get back to you here.

Cheers

M