cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly installed, activated, broadband not working

Helenamy

Newly installed, activated, broadband not working

Hoping someone can assist, tried all trouble shooters. Installed fibre today, plugged router in when I got home as I got the activation text and the 'B' is flashing red and not connecting, got a teen and a fella suffering withdrawal symptoms and driving me nuts! Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
wwex786
Grafter

Re: Newly installed, activated, broadband not working

"B' is flashing red and not connecting"
This sounds like your connection isn't in sync yet.. I'd say you call Plusnet or you wait a few hours   Wink Smiley
What router were you provided with? A Plusnet Hub One? or was it a WAN router with a red ethernet port?
If you were given a WAN router, then you will have to connect an Openreach modem to it so it can work. If you were given the Hub One, then just leave it connected to the phone box and eventually your line will get in sync and you will then receive Broadband. When did the Engineer swap you over to FTTC?
Make sure you have entered your broadband username and password on the router setup. Usually it is 192.168.1.254 so you can connect to Plusnet
Helenamy

Hi it is the plusnet one hub, I haven't entered my username and password yet though, will do that now and see. Hoped it would right itself overnight but still no internet ...
Helenamy

So tried to login, it just removes my password and refuses to connect, no idea what's wrong, all other suppliers I have been with were working straight out of the box ... Just hope it can be sorted today, costing me a fortune to connect teen to Internet each day!
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It looks like we need to arrange a engineers visit.
Can you respond to the text we've just sent?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
philr05

Hi
I had a similar problem to you, and phoned Tech support very helpful. one of the things they had me doing was unplugging the DSL cable from the box.  then clear any user names and passwords. once this is done retype password and user name, click connect and plug back in the DSL cable. This should then cure your problem. In my case it did not work i needed the system resetting there end, once this was done i again rest my password and all was fine.
strangep1

I'm a recent addition to PlusNet Fibre and had exactly the same issue. I received notification that my broadband was up and running and plugged in the router.
Initially the light went blue and it started it's setup. However after an hour it said it was still setting up. Contacted PlusNet support and they told me to tap in my username/password directly on to the router. Tried this and then got the orange light with flashing B. Contacted PlusNet support again who said it was all ok their end and I was activated.
I must have re-typed that password in many times before I gave up and went to bed. Next morning it still wasn't working so I had the brainwave of changing my password on the PlusNet web site. I changed it to the original password i.e. same password, but it took it and said it would now update all routers. Lo and behold, within 5 mins, my router was connected.
It seemed to me as if my password wasn't stored correctly at the PlusNet end and resetting it made everything work 😉