cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie help

phillslater

Newbie help

Hi I've have just plugged in my router and have the blue light I can connect my phone and laptop but even though connected all I can get is the router, when I try to browse or use anything I just get the 192. Router page? Do I have to wait ?
7 REPLIES 7
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Newbie help

Do you see a blue 'Broadband' b symbol below the blue power light on the front of the Hub One?

Go to 192.168.1.254 and log into the Hub One.

Navigate to this page.  Do you see your Plusnet account username and password, or does it display setup@plusdsl.net ?

Adv.Settings-Broadband-Internet.jpg

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
phillslater

Hi just a solid blue light. In the hub settings it's logged in as setup there is no button to change the username or log in.
phillslater

Looking through the instructions it does say to wait until after midnight on the day it was switched in for a orange b so I guess I just have to wait
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

It sounds like your account hasn't been activated yet. Hopefully one of the PN help team will spot this thread and activate it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

phillslater

Yes hopefully thanks
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

The Hub One is supposed to retrieve your username and account from their server.  Either the Hub's serial number has not been associated with your account, AND/OR your account has not been properly activated.  You may need to phone Plusnet customer services.

You can edit the username and password via this alternative admin page.  You need to 'Disconnect' before editing.  Restart the hub after editing and check the settings has not reverted back to setup account.

Settings-Broadband.jpg

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hello there and welcome aboard.

It sounds like your account hasn't been activated yet. Hopefully one of the PN help team will spot this thread and activate it.

Spot on. It looks like your account was a wee bit slow to activate itself following the order completing about 2 hours ago. I've just pushed this through now, can you let us if you're able to connect?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet