cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - over 70s - no router

RobinH

New user - over 70s - no router

Hi,

I'm an over 70s new user in the vulnerable category.  Had an activation date of 2nd April 2020.  Looks like OpenReach have correctly moved phone line over from previous provider as son tells me my number now show up when i ring him. I also received an email on 31st March saying the router had been dispatched 1st class.

My router is still not here (3rd April) - I use the internet to speak to my family and am currently without internet, meaning we only have a phone line to communicate with son and grandson, rather than being able to see them

Having had PlusNet recommended by my son, this is not a great start :(. Can anyone help / suggest anything as the call centre where pretty much worse than useless (yes you can say sorry lots but it doesn't fix anything) ?

My son has temporarily lent me his "mi-fi"? thing so that I can at least get some access to this board and emails.

Any suggestions ?

1 REPLY 1
KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: New user - over 70s - no router

Hi @RobinH

I am really sorry to hear this. I have tried to call today to discuss this with you but was unable to get in touch, sorry I missed you.

Our routers are usually received within 3-5 working days from being dispatched. I can see that yours was dispatched on 31.03.2020 so I would of expected you to have received it. I am unsure if there are any issues with Royal Mail due to the coronavirus, which may have impacted this.

With that said, I have now requested a second router to be sent to you.

Please do let us know if there are any further questions.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team