cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to fibre after half a week upload remains under 2 meg.

hellrid3r

New to fibre after half a week upload remains under 2 meg.

Hello I changed over to plusnet on Friday, I know it states I have to wait 10 days for line training blah blah, but the router has rebooted once in the morning, I assume when DLM is supposed to kick in.
Rebooted with exactly the same speed. My main reason for having fibre is the upload so I don't know why it is so slow, or made any attempts to sort it, I know my line is capable of the full upto 38 meg as my old internet was sky fibre and up until Friday I was getting max speeds with them.
I am not complaining, I would just like to know what is happening to be honest, I thought it would of got better by now and it hasn't, thank in advance for any help!
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New to fibre after half a week upload remains under 2 meg.

Hi hellrid3r, welcome to the forums!
It looks like you've signed up on the fibre package that is provisioned on 40/2 (and sold as upto 38Mbps/1.9Mbps), so I wouldn't expect you to be seeing upload speeds higher than 2Mbps.
If the main reason for having fibre is the upload, it may be worth looking in to Unlimited Fibre Extra as this is provisioned on 80/20 and the speeds would be dependant on the capabilities of your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hellrid3r

What?! I assumed the upto 38 meg HAD upto 10 meg upload, as is true with every other ISP that states upto 38meg no one really advertises upload speed so thats just no good, why do i have to get a package thats more expensive and faster download for a better upload... I feel like I have been conned 😕
PS. It really pays to look closely I just assumed all upto 38meg had 10 meg upload, not happy...
PPS, I would change it also knowing this now, but it says this
You can't change your products for the moment, you have an order which is currently being processed. Please try again later.
How can i get around that?
craigknighton
Grafter

If it's within 14 days then Plus.net must let you out of your contract under the Consumer Protection Regulations?
hellrid3r

It's ok I have been in touch with support they just said call in morning, I know I can upgrade it even in contract, its not as if I am going elsewhere, plus more coin for them... I did originally leave sky for plusnet for cheaper bills, but in the end im going to be paying the same as sky (eventually) for upto 76 meg... oh well.