cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet

stulish

New to Plusnet

Hi i am getting Fibre BB fitted next week and i was wondering if i could use my old router (ASUS RT-N56U - http://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/RTN56U/) for the WiFi and just use a LAN connection from the router supplied and turn its WiFi off?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: New to Plusnet

No need to use the supplied router at all. Just connect the WAN port of your RT-N56U to the Fibre modem. Configure the WAN connection on the RT-N56U for PPPoE with your PlusNet username & password.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tonycollinet
Grafter

Im using my DSL N55 U in exactly that way (N55U connected directly to BT Modem via lan port)
As far as I can see, the DSL N55U is the same as you RT N56 U, but it has a (now redundant) ADSL2 modem built in.
stulish

Thanks guys,
Once it is set up i will give it a try
Regards
Stu
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you have any issues just post back here and I'm sure someone will be able to help. Hopefully it'll just all work smoothly for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.