Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet - router issues with connection

FIXED
thecrius
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New to Plusnet - router issues with connection

Good morning,

Today is the day of the switch from a previous operator into Plusnet.

I know that the email says that the switch can happen anytime up until midnight but how it works is that the last thing being done is a technician "switching cables" between your home and the provider service.

Since I wake up today, the router of my previous provider was not detecting connection anymore.

I set up the Plusnet router following the instructions but still see orange power light and red connection, sometime stable, sometime blinking.

I changed connection login to mine but when I click connect it doesn't seems to do anything.

Not trying to connect again (blinking lights) nor the password seems to be stored as if I click "show password" it only show an empty text field.

Is this normal behaviour and I should just wait more or something is wrong?
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: New to Plusnet - router issues with connection

You must wait, it could be tomorrow morning before it is up and running. In the meantime you should return the router to the default condition so that it can auto configure. To do this push a paperclip or similar into the reset hole and keep the reset switch closed for at least 20 seconds.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

thecrius
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New to Plusnet - router issues with connection

Fix

I had a chat with a plusnet agent and of course she couldn't give me much more info.

Anyway, I decided to just wait and around 11.00 the openreach technician messaged me that they were going to switch my service. Apparently the previous operator was just eager to not grant me the service even for a couple hours more than legally obligated.

Anyway, around 12.00 the line was up and stable.

I was simply very concerned as the previous two company "first day activation" had been going through hell and that gave me prejudice against this operations.