cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet. Lots of dropouts.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Re: New to Plusnet. Lots of dropouts.

Yeah that's true, I've never had my guaranteed speeds but I've always been ok with that as everything has run fine on it, it's the drop outs that ruin everything.

It happened again last weekend when watching the main event of UFC and I was gutted but just had to wait for it to come back on again.

I honestly can't wait for it to be fixed but I'm a little stuck now due to the cost of the master socket move which is where I'm at.
oldbondstreet
Dabbler

I am no internet engineer at all but I honestly can't see how moving the socket would change anything. 

All they would surely do is just extend from where the connection comes into your home up to where you need it! Either internally or externally. All it is is another cable.

it sounds like Openreach are basically just throwing spanners at the problem in the hope that something works.

robbieglover2k
Aspiring Pro

Yeah I've no idea, it has been said by Plusnet and the Engineer too it's often guess work cause it can be hard sometimes to find and pin point the problem, hence why we have to eliminate as many things as possible but the downside of that is the cost to do so, £160 is a lot of money to do so and the engineer himself said to me how quick and easy the job is because the room where the master socket needs to be is the same room where the telephone wires are just outside the window so it's an easy job, sometimes they have to run and curve wires all over to get to the pole but how ours is the engineer said himself it's easy and a 30 - 45 min job at best or something.

Honestly this is why they need to just upgrade the infastructure really which should have been done years ago but going on their site they have no plans on my area yet (even though it's a very popular area and city and have done some of the other areas) but BT Openreach say they want us to get loads of people to register their interest and to help contribute towards funds through their programme and then they'll contribute the rest (something along those lines) which is just not going to happen. You mention that to people round here and they aren't going to agree to that which is understandable and rightly so.

It should have been done years ago, we shouldn't be on old ageing copper wires to the homes that have been there for however many years (possibly decades even, I'm not sure).
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @oldbondstreet,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that the connection drops have caused and for the delay in getting back to you on here. I've replied on your other thread now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team