Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet Fibre Advice please

FIXED
Mina
Dabbler

New to Plusnet Fibre Advice please

Hi,

i am am new to Plusnet and have the fibre extra package. My line although it say could get up to 56 mbps only gets 43 mbps roughly. I know this is correct because it is what I got when I was with Zen.

What I would like to know is would I get the full 40 mbps if I were to downgrade when my contract is up.

I took the extra because I thought the lower fibre only went up to 38 mbps and there was not much difference in cost, plus I will be getting £75.

Pleased with the service so far, using my own router Fritzbox 3490.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: New to Plusnet Fibre Advice please

You will not be getting £75 if you change your package. Cashback is for new customers only and you are now one of us!

Mina
Dabbler

Hi,

I don’t intend to change my package until my contract is up. 

Thanks

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Fix

Welcome to the community forums @Mina.

If you downgraded to Unlimited Fibre when the minimum term of your current contract is up, your connection would be provisioned at 40Mbps down and 10Mbps up, however I couldn't guarantee a minimum of 40Mbps despite currently performing around 43Mbps.

Although I imagine the sync should be around the 40Mbps maximum based off of the estimates today (Or very close given the low end of the estimate is 39.2Mbps), it would be hard to say what may change by the end of the minimum term of the current contract.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mina
Dabbler

Thank you Harry.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

No problem @Mina, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet