Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fibre router/modem advice

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New to Fibre router/modem advice

This has probably been asked loads of times but I couldn't find a similar thread. I currently get around 4mbps on standard ADSL so am looking at fibre when my contract is due soon. The plusnet supplied router gets a lot of stick here and I need a decent signal around my property including in my garage. I have a TP Link Archer D20 router that works well for me at the moment  but it says it will need a fibre modem added via the ethernet port.

Is there an alternative TP link router anyone recommends that will work with Fibre if the Plusnet supplied one doesn't have acceptable reach?

1 REPLY 1
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: New to Fibre router/modem advice

Hi @ the_groundsman,

I appreciate your query and will let other users add their comments, as I'm unable to recommend alternative routers for obvious reasons. Having said that, this forum has a lot of posts covering router issues and you will probably find enough information on the site on the Hub One and how to extend Wi-Fi range and frequency.

If you need to speak to us about moving to Fibre, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Thanks - LF