Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New setup, only connects as ‘setup@plusdsl.net’

FIXED
A_n_other_User
Hooked

New setup, only connects as ‘setup@plusdsl.net’

We have connected up the new router but it is only connecting using the setup account. We have changed our account password using the web and tried manually inputting these details but it won’t connect with them. We’ve also tried a factory reset.
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: New setup, only connects as ‘setup@plusdsl.net’

Fix

Try another factory reset. Your account wasn't fully activated at our side. I'm hoping it should be OK now?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @A_n_other_User

Not quite sure whether a reset would do the trick you have to go into A-Z on the router and find change user name, input your username and password and try that.

I noticed a similar proble last evening, my router started to drop out at around 19.30 and did so on a regular basis sometime lasting only 4 mins. I then noticed the router had defaulted to setup@plusdsl.net eventually got it reverted to *******@f9.co.uk got connected but did not go stable till around 06.30 this morning. I did also notice that during this time the phone line was noisey and that has cleared this morning. I have also noticed my ip profile has dropped from 76Mbps to 50Mbps but trust this will go back up as long as the line stays stable. I am sure help is around but would like to know if there was a problem starting around 19.00hrs on the 16th overnight and if so what was it. perhaps @bobpullen or @Gandalf may advise and also check your problem.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@mort7890 wrote:

Hi @A_n_other_User

Not quite sure whether a reset would do the trick you have to go into A-Z on the router and find change user name, input your username and password and try that.

A reset should work perfectly fine and is the preferred approach. Manually configuring the device is not desired as it can lead to the device not being registered correctly on the hardware management platform. Something that may prevent you receiving updates further down the line.

I doubt the issue you experienced is related and I'm not aware of any widespread problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

A_n_other_User
Hooked

Yep, that did the trick, all sorted now. Thanks.