Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router/wiring, speed stuck

milesharrison
Hooked

New router/wiring, speed stuck

Hi

I rewired a lot of my house and replaced the router, on my new router (a TP Link AC1200), it says the max possible rate is 70mbps although plusnet reports my 'line profile' is 54mbps and my download speeds are still slow. Is there any chance somebody could look into that for me to reset it or have a fiddle as I feel like I'm missing out a little bit here.

stat.png

Thanks and all the best,

Miles Harrison

2 REPLIES 2
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: New router/wiring, speed stuck

Your sync speed is around 57.7 Mbps so a profile of 54Mbps seems correct, yet you say your download speeds are slow, so how slow are they? Any speed test should be carried out with a wired Ethernet connection to the router, WIFI is not reliable for any meaningful test. You can ignore the Max Rate figure reported by the router, you will never get that speed because it is a theoretical value calculated by the modem and under some line conditions such as when interleaving is applied the figure is grossly inflated. 

PlusNet have no control over line speeds on FTTC so there is probably nothing they can do unless your speeds are below the estimated range for your line shown by this checker ....

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New router/wiring, speed stuck

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests aren't showing any problems and your sync speeds are within the estimates for your line.

What speeds are you currently seeing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team