cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New router losing DSL connectiom

Flazzal

New router losing DSL connectiom

I switched to plusnet fibre about 2 weeks ago. Speeds are great - while it's connected. The problem is that about every 24 hours the router disconnects and stays that way. It's done this since day 1. I'm normally at work when I see all my devices go offline, so the first thing I do every day when I get in is log into my router admin page, re-enter the broadband password and hit connect which works, until the next day the same thing happens.

Having logged in, I can see that the device is losing it's broadband password which may be why it's not reconnecting automatically.

Spoke to plusnet on the phone, who found a line problem. This was fixed 4 days ago but the issue remains. I can only think it's a dodgy router, or there is some sort of config problem at the ISP end. Whatever it is, I need my broadband to stay connected!

Can anyone shed any light on this at all?
3 REPLIES 3
Flazzal

Re: New router losing DSL connectiom

Update: after several restarts and comms with plusnet customer service that failed to resolve the problem, I have eventually replaced the router with my own tp link solution. Plusnet did not offer me a replacement router and were insistent on attempting to send another engineer out. Since this third party router has gone in the line has stayed connected and synced.

This would indicate I have been sent faulty hardware. It's not a massive issue but the lack of productive solutions from plusnet has not helped. If there are any plusnet reps in here interested in making this right please contact me. Otherwise it's been the usual terrible ISP customer service I am used to!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Flazzal, I am sorry to hear of the issues experienced with your service though glad to hear this is sorted.

Can you please see my further response on the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Flazzal

Deleted