cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New modem router not working.

CrockMonster

New modem router not working.

I recently decided to replace my plusnet hub one with a separate modem and router as I find the hub one struggles to cope with the amount of devices we have and use at home. Originally I was hoping to be able to put the hub one in bridge mode and then connect a new router, but that doesn’t seem possible. I did connect the new router up to the hub for a few days though and it worked really we’ll, but having 2 networks isn’t really ideal.

I bought a Tp-Link W9970 modem router to use in bridge mode as couldn’t find any standalone modems that weren’t really expensive, for some reason they are quite hard to come by. How ever it’s just not working. I’ve tweaked and reset it so many times, all the necessary lights are on except for the ‘internet’ light. The dsl light is on and I can connect to Wi-Fi but can’t actually use the internet. I have taken it out of bridge mode and tried to use it as a router and it’s still the same, not sure if I’m missing a trick with the settings or what at this point. I have raised a ticket with the support team for them to check my line but thought I’d see if anyone had any ideas in the mean time or had had similar problems. The box says it works with plusnet fibre, just dunno where I’m going wrong.
2 REPLIES 2
CrockMonster

Re: New modem router not working.

Managed to fix it myself in the end!
keenbfb

Re: New modem router not working.

How did you fix it I'm having a similar problem