Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line connection - speed variation in first 10 days

jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New line connection - speed variation in first 10 days

Hello all,
  we have moved one street from our old address and our phone & fibre connection went live yesterday. We've been given one of these new plusnet hubs (a rebranded BT HomeHub 5A apparently)
immediately after setup yesterday morning It synced at 73mbps and was speedtesting at around 69mbps. This morning I noticed my VPN felt rather slow and doing a speedtest (not through VPN) I am now getting 20mbps down (still getting around 17-18 up)
At my previous address we were perhaps 30-40 m further from the cabinet then at this house & the engineer expected we should get the same sort of speed (speedtesting at 73mbps at the old place).
is a drop from 73mbps to 20mbps in 24 hours normal line training? Do I have to wait 10 days to have my line checked?
thanks,
J
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: New line connection - speed variation in first 10 days

There is no ten day training period for FTTC, (that's only an ADSL thing)
It is more likely that the Plusnet line speed has been reduced so check it out here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed and if it is not set correctly, use Chat or phone up and ask them to set your "Plusnet Current line speed" correctly.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

You may need to disconnect/reconnect once but if you try again you should get higher speeds again.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jan
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I have restarted it and am getting roughly 69mbps
cheers,
Jan