cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line - ceased early

abbeyroad22

New line - ceased early

Hello,

I recently signed-up for Fibre Broadband and selected the switchover date from my currently ISP to happen on 11th November.

Frustratingly, today I noticed I have no connectivity with my current provider.

Upon enquiry with them as to what was up, they responded saying the following:

I've taken a look at this and it would appear that the line has already ceased. This is nothing to do with the request I put through, as that was set for 11/11/2017 as per your request.

This is the result of an unsolicited cease request. These happen when the current provider is contacted by the gaining provider (whoever you are moving your services to) and requests the cease so that they can take over the line. We have no control over these because we haven't requested them, so it might be best to speak with the provider you are moving to and see if there's anything they can do.

We can try to reinstate the line but it does come at a cost and as this isn't our error we wouldn't be able to waive any charges.

I'd recommend speaking to the gaining provider and coming back to us if you have any further queries.

How/why on earth has this happened?! I now have over a month with no internet - which is simply unacceptable! When I signed-up, I made it clear that I had an existing provider and that I would need to provide some notice to them before ceasing their service and taking-up PlusNet's.

This is the first time I've ever used PlusNet - and, I have to say, isn't getting off to a great start because of this error.

Please Help!

With thanks.

Alex

3 REPLIES 3
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: New line - ceased early

Did you inform you're previous provider you were leaving, as this may have triggered them to place a cease order on your line? Also is you're old provider Sky per chance?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

I'm very sorry for the problems you've had. I've checked and we hadn't actually placed any orders (the initial one we placed was rejected) so the service ending was not due to anything our side. I can see you've spoken to one of my colleagues and they've ensured the orders are now placed, we'll get you online as soon as we can.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
abbeyroad22

Hello,

Thanks for this. Can you confirm which telephone number you attempted to takeover previously - and why would it have been rejected?

I wonder whether that’s why my existing (outgoing/losing) supplier have ceased the line earlier than the 11th...

Also - I’m new to PlusNet, so I don’t quite understand how this works - how do I get in touch with you guys via private support ticket? The only options appear to be phone or live chat - but the queues yesterday were horrendous. I’m a busy person and would much prefer to just write a support ticket or email and have queries dealt with that way, rather than have to post them on a very public forum....