Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New issue - Fibre drop outs

PeteM
Grafter

New issue - Fibre drop outs

Hi,

I've been experiencing fibre drop outs in the evening, and this morning a cycle of drop outs until I turned the router off for 5 minutes.  I've got the router plugged into a new Openreach Master socket  which was installed last time I had issues. May be unrelated, but that was after a fair bit of rain too.

One phone in the house, believe the line to be fine.

Could someone have a look for me ?

Many thanks,

Pete

1 REPLY 1
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: New issue - Fibre drop outs

Hi @PeteM, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues as of recent. I can see looking over your connection from this side that there's certainly a large number of drops we can see occurring shown by the graph below which hints something is out of place somewhere.

Our testing from this side is picking up a fault which very well could be behind the drops however the location of the fault isn't clear. I'd advise then, first going through the below steps in ruling a number of internal factors out that could be behind this.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

(Given the frequency of the drops occurring I'd advise monitoring in this set-up for 24-48 hours if the drops aren't looking to persist straight away.)

Should the issue look to persist then let us know and we can look into raising a fault and progressing this issue further for you.