cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New internet dropping out

Nev123
Hooked

New internet dropping out

I am a new customer and I know the first 2 weeks are a "training time" for my connection but it is a bit erratic.   Every morning arount 11 (ish) it disconnects but when it starts up again the speed has more than halved and some equipment wont connect to the WiFi until I reboot.  I'm talking here about Pixel phones and a laptop.  Both see it as "No Internet" until I reboot the router then normal service is restored.

Is this a normal part of the training?  I ask as I will be away for the next few days so will be unable to sort things and I have cameras etc attached which I would need to be running

6 REPLIES 6
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: New internet dropping out

Hi @Nev123 Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to our Community Forum.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're having with your service, the daily drop outs are also apparent on our end.

Saying that, I've run some tests on your line and can see no issues with the BT Network. This indicates that there may be an issue with the internal wiring within the property which may be causing the problems. Please connect your router directly into the master socket and leave it in there for three days, do not use any extension wiring at all.

If you can as well, you can try to take off the face plate on your master socket and connect your router directly into the test socket which lies behind it. Let us know how you get on once you've managed to do this, and we'll take it from there. As there are no faults appearing on the line, if a fault is raised with Openreach, it is likely that an engineer appointment will be required.

In this case, we'd like to make sure that there are no internal faults, as if the fault is found to be internal, a £65.00 call out charge will be applied onto the account.

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 76.5 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 411.4
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

“Disconnects” - what do you see? What colour are the router’s lights?

Is this a Plusnet Hub One?

Would you know if the devices exhibiting the problems are connecting on 5GHz or 2.4GHz?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Nev123
Hooked

Adam945

I will try that but unfortunately I'm away for a few days so it will be the weekend before I'll get the chance.  At the minute the router is plugged directly into the micro filter supplied by Openreach, no extensions.  Must say I was surprised to see the Micro Filter appearing again.  He did replace the face plate

Townman

Yes its the hub one.  It will still be blue when it disconnects.  Some items will be connected on both 2.4 and 5, cameras etc on 2.4 and Google Minis on 5 but phones and laptops won't connect.  When I finally get connected, either wirelessly or wired, the speed will be less than half what it should be.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Nev123 

Thank you for your response. As the line is clearly cutting out on a daily basis, we'd be more than happy to have this raised to Openreach. We just try to do everything ewe can to ensure that the fault is external prior to doing so, in order to avoid the possibility of the £65.00 call out charge being applied.

If you'd like to go ahead with the fault, head over to faults.plus.net and raise it with our Technical Support Team, who'll get back in touch with you.

Adam
Nev123
Hooked

As I'll not be there I'll wait until I'm back before doing anything. Hopefully by that time it will have settled itself 🤞🏼
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Nev123

No problem at all, feel free to reach out if you have any further queries Smiley

Adam