cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install

bs85

New install

Hi,
Openreach installed line and modem today they left saying it was all working.
But have not received the Plusnet router yet so i tried using a router that i had bet keep getting authentication failure.
Brian
7 REPLIES 7
jbarker
Dabbler

Re: New install

What router do you have? Your new router will need to support PPPoE and you would have to go into the settings to change it over ( if it supports it )
bs85

Its a Mikrotik router and yes it is set to PPPoE also tried direct connecting my laptop to the modem with a PPPoE connection and it still fails.
jbarker
Dabbler

Might be worth giving Customer support a call and checking everything out with them, might be able to reset your password, Alternatively this has some steps you can try at the bottom
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-authentication/
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Ok, the username & password that you need for the PPPoE connection are those that you use to login to the member centre. The username requires @plusdsl.net after it as described here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml . If you have those correct then it sounds like your account hasn't been activated yet by PN , probably because BT haven't told them the installation is complete yet. You could try calling the Customer support centre and asking for your account to be activated. Phone numbers are  0800 432 0200  or  0345 140 0200 if using inclusive minutes on a mobile contract.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear the router hasn't shown up.
I've ordered this and I've activated your account so you should be able to connect.
Really sorry for what's happened
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bs85

Thanks All
Connection now working.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm pleased to see it working. Let us know if you have any issues in the future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team