cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install woe's

Godsbrother

New install woe's

So I switched from Sky to PlusNet Unlimited Fibre and the install was yesterday... well I say yesterday as BT as still here today! I think we are up to 5 engineers now...
They seem to be having multiple issues ranging from earth faults to routing faults and the latest being that they don't believe the handover from Sky to PlusNet has gone correctly but haven't given much more detail than that so far.
Plusnet seem to think the phone line and the fibre are up and working but BT disagree.
I'm waiting on escalation responses but was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what I can do ... if anything....
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: New install woe's

are five engineers from Openreach one or a subcontractor. Kelly's or Quinn's?
Godsbrother

They are all open reach guys. Just left for the day but still not up and running properly.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Does it working ok before with Sky Fibre?
Godsbrother

was only adsl 2+ before and yes its been ok for years although occasionally had them out to redo a connection on the pole. Probably BT's aging infrastructure is the root cause but this must be costing openreach a fortune would be cheaper to put a nice new fibre to the house Smiley
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do hope tomorrow engineer will find something and get your fibre working!
WWWombat
Grafter

I'm quite impressed that they were still there after all that time.
Even more so that they dealt with a routing fault that quickly. My install is now 4 months old, with most of the delay in getting routing sorted out.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Godsbrother

Well its not sorted yet. I think the problem is there is a few issues. They now think (using some much older test gear) that there is a break in the main underground cable between myself and the exchange .... plus an earth fault they can't locate plus and issue (they say) with PlusNet not having activated fibre properly.
If I use the BT Wholesale performance checker which according to them should work. It only does the speed test the extended diagnostics fail saying there is no dsl details.
Anyway they have the 5th yes 5th exchange hardware engineer on the call first thing plus the broadband engineer back as well. yesterday's total was different eng's was 5 I think plus two cherry pickers up and down the road checking the poles.