cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install, how long for order to complete?

NoZephy
Rising Star

New install, how long for order to complete?

Had the same troubles as last week when I moved house to the ADSL package, speeds are stuck at the previous package (I was getting 11-12Mbps on ADSL before the Fibre install)

Upload and ping has improved significantly and the engineer said the estimates shown to him after he did a test where 72/18 (I'm only on the 40/20 package though because you wouldn't let me buy the 80/20 package)
Also why is my ISP showing as Infonet?
7 REPLIES 7
steveuk
Grafter

Re: New install, how long for order to complete?

It takes time for your profile to update on plusnets end but if you call in they should be able to set it for you or if you can wait i am sure one of the plusnet team will seee your post and give your profile a nudge.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

The profile updated automatically a hour ago and I can see you've disconnected and reconnected since.
Are your speeds better now?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NoZephy
Rising Star

Speeds are fantastic Matt!
Engineer who installed ADSL the previous week slated my distance from the pole across from me was about 400-450m to the cabinet so I was expecting a "Max" sync of 50-60mbps on Fibre
However, after getting my Billion 8800NL set up it's showing something quite different.
Stats from DSLstats

Stats from Billion 8800NL

Speedtest result on 40/20 package

BT suggested a sync of 39Mbps MAX for my address which stopped me from ordering the 80/20 package on your system, however by the looks of it the line should be able to get near those speeds if I upgraded.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's pretty much almost a perfect sync although it could drop down over time as more users swap over to FTTC.
Our systems are preventing a upgrade because it's picking up on the lower range of speeds as your estimate.
I'll see what I can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NoZephy
Rising Star

So there's no way to automatically override the system and place an order manually?
That's strange
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

By systems I mean we can't do it automatically.
There should be a option to do it manually but I need to check with the right people.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
NoZephy
Rising Star

Ah I see, well I wouldn't mind going for the 80/20 package if possible, now that i've seen the line capabilities.