cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre upgrade and slower than expected speeds

psings
Dabbler

New fibre upgrade and slower than expected speeds

Hello, my fibre appears to be getting slower over time yet nothing with the setup has changed.  BT speedtests appear to confirm this along with my speedtest.net history.

When the line was first installed just over a year ago, I was happily getting 19d / 6.5u megs after the line settled and it has been dropping ever since.

Has anyone else had issues similar?  If so, were they resolved?

I just used Plusnet's website to see the estimated speeds my property could get - even that says it could be faster (20-28d / 7u)

Would a profile reset help?

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: New fibre upgrade and slower than expected speeds

I'm just looking into this for you.

[edit]

Our tests aren't showing any particular cause.

I'd recommend raising a fault at https://faults.plus.net

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
psings
Dabbler

Thanks Matt, will do.

On a side note - when I posted this I used my own subject, however the forum appears to have chosen a subject from another post I was reading - strange!

Martin390

Recently joined Plusnet and it was suggested a line speed of 46.1 - 61.5 Mbs was possible at the time of order placement

So I think I am experiending similar issues, to you as over the last month speed has dropped from 44Mbs 'ish to 41Mbs 'ish. Speed test run with one desktop PC at master socket (Dual output faceplate)and all Phone wiring disconnected - no change. Earlier today I had the Speed Profile changed to 45 buit this has no effect on the speed obtained - either +ve or -ve!

I guess I have to "like it or lump it" - why are expectations falsly raised?? ANy ideas ?