cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre router not arrived.

Kjfwebb1

New fibre router not arrived.

I was having problems with my internet so I called up plusnet on Saturday 5th October, and they said that I should of had a free upgrade. Which should of been 18 months ago the gentleman said. Anyway he said a new router would be sent out and should of been here on Wednesday 9th October. Internet is still terrible and no sign of the router. Any help would be much appreciated. I have tried to get in touch online and by phone and I’m getting nowhere.

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: New fibre router not arrived.

Hey @Kjfwebb1,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm really sorry to hear you've had trouble with your new upgrade and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I've now ordered your new router, you should receive this within the next 3-5 working days - may be sooner. Should your upgrade complete before the router arrives, give us a nudge once the router has arrived on here and we'll provide a credit for the downtime between.

Thanks.

Kjfwebb1

I have received my router today. Am I okay plugging it in now when my live date is the 22nd? The internet connection has been the worst over the last few weeks and I’m hoping that it will improve it.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Kjfwebb1, thanks for getting back to us and I'm happy to hear you've now received the new router. It's compatible with both ADSL and VDSL connections so you can plug the new router in now if you wanted. Keep in mind however that come the completion of your fibre order you may need to reboot/factory reset the router in order to get the router to switch over to the new connection type.

Factory resetting the rotuer can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.