cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre order - own router

BenJSmyth
Grafter

New fibre order - own router

I'm currently a customer with Plus Net and have the BT Openreach modem and use my own router.
My brother has just bought his own house and I've recommended Plus Net to him - although BT themselves seem a lot cheaper ATM thanks to a hefty £200 Quidco cashback deal!
My question is - if I select the option to NOT have the PN router will I get a BT Openreach Modem?
4 REPLIES 4
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Re: New fibre order - own router

New customers get the Hub One self install router, if you choose not to have the PlusNet router you won't get anything and will have to source a modem yourself i do believe.
If they do still offer managed install's then it will be down to if the Openreach engineer has any modem's in the van.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As @nightstalk3r has said we don't provide Openreach Modems for new customers or existing customers anymore.
Any existing customers who upgrade should receive a Hub One
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
fronty
Dabbler

I can confirm this, I opted NOT to have the Plusnet modem, however I was expecting the engineer to provide a modem as my router is not VDSL capable. But the engineer said he was not under any obligation to provide a modem as one wasn't ordered by Plusnet.
Luckily he had one in the van he let me have for free, but it seems this is not standard practice.
Potaato

For the price of £6.99 for (P&P), it would be wiser to opt for the Hub One, even if it's used as a backup device.
Most 3rd. party devices are currently having compatibility issues with Plusnet UK VDSL.
The Hub One is a different kettle of fish in comparison to the previous Hub Zero, so far so good.