cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre line going active (warning to any other new customers)

FIXED
websurf518
Dabbler

New fibre line going active (warning to any other new customers)

Hi All, 

Bit of a rant and warning to other new members ( don't always take  CS comments as the truth)

my line went active about 4.15am this morning woke up to amber light on router , still waiting for a router from plusnet  and no conformation email about line going live with plus-net,  so i'm wondering if i can connect old router to plusnet despite not having email saying lines active, so get onto chat and speak to  a lady and ask if i can still connect without having received the  email as can see connection speeds in  router, lady says yes your good to go  as lines is active (also had a pw problem plusnet say 13 digits i only have 11, so reset that  thinking that was the problem  not allowing me to connect) then spent 5 hours trying different options settings ect  to get online  still getting orange light, 100% convinced my user name and pw are correct i get onto chat again, speaking to a different person, i ask if they can check to see how i am connecting at their end and the lady says I will need to activate this on my side for you, so i have spent all that time trying to connect when  plus net  haven't activated it  on their side, despite the first  lady in chat said my line was live and should be able to connect , so if your setting up on fibre and you haven't received the  live email , make sure plusnet  have activated it otherwise you will be wasting your time trying to connect your router 😕    (within few mins  the 2nd cs had sent conformation email and activated the line straight away)

2 REPLIES 2
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: New fibre line going active (warning to any other new customers)

Fix

Hi @websurf518,

I'm very sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to your activation and for the inconvenience caused. It's disappointing to hear that the first advisor that you spoke to did not make sure that this had been activated on our side, meaning that you spent a lot of unnecessary time trying to get the router to configure - we would expect this to be the first thing that is checked on the account and I've passed on feedback about this.

I'm sorry that you didn't receive your Plusnet router in time for your activation date. I've checked your account and the router has been stuck in "awaiting process" since the 22nd of December. As this is the case, I've ordered another router and you should receive this within 3-5 working days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
websurf518
Dabbler

Re: New fibre line going active (warning to any other new customers)

Thanks that explains the email i just received  ( which i replied and can be ignored now Smiley  )  was thinking that a router had only been dispatched today Smiley