cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install

wilsie472

New fibre install

So just self set up fibre and all seems great in terms of line stats when you look on helpdesk in router manager however when ive run speed tests im getting exactly the same download speed I got on adsl (7.7mb) but the upload is what I was expecting (18/19mb) how can this be?? At a guess have plusnet not altered my profile from adsl to fttc?? Any advice would be greatfully received
6 REPLIES 6
MelRocks
Grafter

Re: New fibre install

Hi there,
I have found the issue causing this. Your account had not fully updated in the upgrade. This is fixed now, just turn off your equipment for 15 minutes and then turn it back on and the speed should improve from there. Thank you.
wilsie472

Cheers Mel rocks getting a fairly stable 38/40mb down and 19 up more than haopy with that Cheesy
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You should be getting a lot more than 38Mbps down - You're modem is syncing at 76Mbps.  At first glance it looks like you've been provisioned on the legacy 40/20 product that Plusnet no longer sell..
Can you run a BT Speedtest (from a computer wired to your router) - http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
Definitely not provisioned incorrectly, so the next step would be are these speed tests over wired or wireless? Thanks.
wilsie472

Hi im now getting 58 wireless and 73 wired
MelRocks
Grafter

Great to hear  Cheesy
To get a bit more out of the wireless, I'd suggest going through the checks here, specifically wireless channel changes.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml
Thank you.