Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install seems slow

suziharps

New fibre install seems slow

Hi
Just had fibre installed (up to 76mb) but only getting the speeds below
Does something need to be switched as I was previously on ADSL?
Thanks
Susan

7 REPLIES 7
suziharps

Re: New fibre install seems slow

Just disconnected and reconnected and now getting the below
Is this still slow for a 76mb line?
Ta
suziharps

Now gone back to the 8mb speed.
Does anyone know the best way to contact plus net to get this checked? Through the forums or by phone or raise a ticket?
Have been on adsl for years with them and have not had a problem so have had no need to make contact.
Thanks in advance
Susan
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

It will be picked up on this forum on Monday at the earliest so I would 'phone them.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Are you testing with a wired connection to the router, or wireless? If possible, can you connect with a wire, and run the test
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and then Further diagnostics for the IP profiles
Nyxanna
Grafter

The best way to contact Plusnet is to create a ticket. When I had issues I was told to create a ticket since it allows t hem to get more information. You can still post here obviously but creating a ticket would probably let them fix this problem faster tomorrow. They'll still communicate with you regarding this issue on here.
tonycollinet
Grafter

Seconded  - create a ticket also - because that is the official support process. Link to this thread in the ticket, and post the ticket number in this thread.
Note, tickets are called questions on the support pages. You need to go to ask quesion. It'l force you to look at faq topics, but say that none are relevant, and you'll be able to post a question to the ticket system.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Having performed a quick test on your line we can't see any issues, the line appears of decent quality but is performing significantly below your estimate. Can you run through the tests at https://faults.plus.net and we'll take a deeper look.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.