cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install, only getting 2Mb download same as old ADSL.

Jarrik

New fibre install, only getting 2Mb download same as old ADSL.

Hi,
I had fibre installed yesterday but I am only getting a 2Mb download but 20Mb upload.  The download is exactly the same as my previous ADSL and I was wondering if the profile needed updating?  As a few folks on these forums had the same issue.  The speeds are the same on different devices, wired and wireless.  I've tried changing the cables and a different modem/router but it remains the same.  I have called about this but was told that fibre takes 10 days from install before it will work.
Current modem sync speeds:
B0 Line Rate - Upstream (Kbps) 20000
B0 Line Rate - Downstream (Kbps) 76162
Regards,
M.A
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New fibre install, only getting 2Mb download same as old ADSL.

Is this still giving the ADSL speed https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
If so it needs Plusnet to kick it
If it is correct for fibre disconnect then reconnect via the router interface - don't touch the modem - and that should fix it
Jarrik

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, that page currently shows:
Estimated line speed:
    40Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-03-05 13:44:09
Current line speed:
    2.4 Mb
joclark
Grafter

Hey Jarrik, I have amended some speed profiles on your account in order to increase your speed. Please can you disconnect and reconnect your session using the router interface to allow the changes to your account.
Jo
Jarrik

Hi Jo,
That did it, its working now.  Thank you  Smiley