cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre install, no internet

ajm

New fibre install, no internet

I had a new phone and fibre line installed this morning. The phone is working and there doesn't seem to be any noise on the line. All the lights on the modem and Plusnet router (Sagem) are green, including "internet" on the router. Yet I have no internet.
I have reset the modem and done a factory reset on the router. I have tried both a wired and wireless connection. When I log into the router it tell me I am connected but in red underneath "it says You may be subject to a BT network outage. Wait 10 minutes and then press the Connect button."
On a wired connection or with my phone (though not with wireless on my laptop) I get a BT Wholesale page titled "Service Information" with 5 reasons I may be unable to connect. The first is "Your service provider is currently unable to accept your connection request, please wait and reattempt later or contact your service provider for more information."
Any ideas, or do I really need to ring customer services on a Friday afternoon?
5 REPLIES 5
ajm

Re: New fibre install, no internet

Hmm, caller ID also not working, account not been activated properly?
ajm

Sorted! Router only had first half of user name stored. Disconnected, edited username, reconnected and bingo!
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi, Welcome to the forums,
Glad the broadband is up and running, It seems caller display was missed off the phone order originally, I've added this now and should be active by the morning.
ajm

Many thanks Darkfire!
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Caller Display should be working now for you, can you let us know if there are any issues
Thanks