Did you mean: 

New fibre extra install, very slow speeds

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: New fibre extra install, very slow speeds

Hello @daz66,

Thanks for getting back to us. We are expecting an update tomorrow and we will update you via ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
daz66
Dabbler

Hello @SammyM

I'm guessing no update today then? as nothing has happened on my side.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @daz66

Really sorry to report that there are no further updates at the moment. I've chased this with our suppliers at length and have escalated this to manager level due to the length of time this is going on for.

I'm expecting an update back via email over the next 24 hours and will relay this as soon as it comes in.

Thanks for your patience whilst we continue to chase this on your behalf.

Best wishes

Dave

daz66
Dabbler

@RandallFlagg
Any further updates? This has been going on for over 3 weeks now and it's getting to the point where I'm getting more annoyed.
daz66
Dabbler

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@daz66  BT Openreach are really letting you down here, they say they will replace some equipment or fix something by a certain date and it doesn't happen. Unfortunately PlusNet can't do much about it, they just get told to check for an update in a few days and so it goes on. It looks like Openreach have tried to fix it but failed, if they need to order new kit there could be even more delay. When I upgraded to FTTC Openreach had neglected to connect the fibre from the cabinet to the headend exchange even though the checker said it was available. They finally fixed it about 3 months later!Angry

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @daz66,

I'm very sorry that you've not yet received an update on the LLUMS case. It's disappointing to see that you've had to chase this repeatedly. I have taken personal ownership of the fault ticket now and will ensure that you receive updates in a timely manner.

I've been in touch with our suppliers and unfortunately they do not yet have an update on the LLUMS case. They have advised that we are now due an update by 04/10 and they have escalated this further to try and make sure that we receive this. Unfortunately, with the LLUMS case being managed by a third party we can't absolutely guarantee that we will have an update by 04/10 but I'll do my best to get this for you. I'll be back in touch on 04/10 but please let us know if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
daz66
Dabbler

Well this has now been ongoing for 7 weeks and still receiving slow broadband, have been informed that the LLUMS has now been fixed, but speed still slow, received call and text to say that an engineer needed to check out wiring in house for the second time(was fine the first time) so need to give times for engineer to visit, text times and booked time off work, no reply on the message page for two days, then asked to reply again with 3 more times for visit now a day later still no reply, getting so angry with plusnet i am really thinking of cancelling plusnet cannot supply what i am paying for. Hoping for a prompt reply!!!!! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry for the ongoing issues. Our faults agents aim to pick up a fault ticket within 72 hours. However, we're happy to pick this up sooner if you give us a nudge over here. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

To progress a fault with our suppliers should no definitive external fault be found via testing, the only option we have is to book an engineer visit I'm afraid. This does not necessarily mean the fault is within your property.
I've raised an escalation with our suppliers, so once the appointment is booked, we'll notify them and our suppliers will escalate this with Openreach for the next engineer who goes out to thoroughly investigate the fault and put steps in place to fix it.

If you can reply to your ticket with your availability letting us know over here once you've done so we'll be happy to get the appointment booked in for you.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
daz66
Dabbler

@Gandalf 

Hello,

I have responded with dates on the faults page.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks Daz. It looks like we can't book an engineer visit in now. Our suppliers have found that the line isn't "right when tested" which means they've passed it to Openreach to assign an engineer to investigate over the next 24-72 hours. We'll update you next week when we'll know more.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet