cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre customer

DaveHope1701

New fibre customer

I just ordered fibre yesterday and forgot to ask if anything needs doing to my phone socket and if I continue to use the adsl microfilter. Can someone please tell me?
6 REPLIES 6
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New fibre customer

Yes you can with the filter and no nothing needs to be done.

I don't know if you've ordered a router from PlusNet, or you have a VSDL one already.

All I needed to do was to swap the routers around and wait 10 minutes - pretty easy really. 

DaveHope1701

Cool.  Plusnet are sending a router but I prefer to use my existing asus one.

thanks

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Have you checked to see if it's VDSL compatible?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Post the model of your router, someone here can check for you.
If it isn't, you'll have to use the PlusNet one in the short term - but it'll get you by in the meantime.

If your current router is VDSL compatible then fine, but you'll probably have to configure it I guess - people on here will help.

Otherwise you've got the option of using the PlusNet router if you get on with it, or you will have to buy another router which supports VDSL.

When we got fibre I chucked the old router away, as it was no good anymore. Not had any issues with the PlusNet one, so I would see how you go with it initially.

DaveHope1701

I've got a ASUS DSL-AC68U. The box says it's ADSL/VDSL so I assume it will work but as you say may need some config changes

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

PlusNet provide the settings required for third party routes in their Help pages.

Brian