cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre customer can’t connect to internet.

Nononono

New fibre customer can’t connect to internet.

Hi there, I recently switched from BT infinity to Plusnet fibre. I got a text on the 22nd November to say it was ready to use but today I still cannot access the internet on any device.

Devices being used include a laptop, two iPhones and iPad and the following occurs with all 4:

The hub has a blue light indicating everything is ok. All devices connect to the router no problem but all I can access is a Plusnet hub one page showing “my hub” and “my home network”, this details all the devices I have connected to the router.

When I try and go on any web page I get “this site cannot be reached” on the laptop and “the WiFi network is not connected to the internet” on apple devices.

I tried calling Plusnet but a 45 minutes hold time.

Any suggestions for why it’s not working?
2 REPLIES 2
Nononono

Re: New fibre customer can’t connect to internet.

I think I have solved my own problem. I needed to change the broadband username before I started. Never saw an instruction to do this in the booklet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: New fibre customer can’t connect to internet.

You shouldn't have had to do that, however we've had a problem of late (now fixed) where recently dispatched routers weren't automatically configuring themselves when plugged in/connected.

Glad you managed to get things working in the end.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵