cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre customer. Super

BobRegis
Dabbler

New fibre customer. Super

Day 1 of my new Fibre connection with the new Plusnet Hub one router (similar to BT homehub router).
First 10 minutes a speedtest score of around 45.12 with ping of 11.
Since then - persistent drop outs, not slow speed - I mean no internet access at all. I know that the speed changes over the first 10 days but this is almost as bad as the old days of internet where you had to dial in.
During this time, the superhub proudly glows blue indicating no problem. Restarting the router does fix the problem.
When the problem does occur I use the Troubleshooting thing and it laughably tells me:

Your Hub appears to be correctly connected to the broadband service. If you cannot browse websites, it could be that the websites you are trying to access are not operational at the moment or that there is congestion outside of the Plusnet network.
Please try again in a few minutes.

Is this normal behaviour? If it is not, then how can I convince Plusnet customer services without being fobbed off that the speed will settle over the first ten days?
Bob
2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: New fibre customer. Super

There is no 10 day period on fibre it goes as fast as the line will allow from the start,  if the speed is slower than it should be or your getting drop outs then something is wrong and you should report it.
don't let plusnet support fob you off with the 10 day rubbish either they may try and tell you that but it's lies. 
scottymc
Grafter

Re: New fibre customer. Super

Thought that was adsl not fibre