cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre connection, old ADSL profile :( Me too

HammyHamster
Dabbler

New fibre connection, old ADSL profile :( Me too

Just had Fibre installed and got back on line. Same DL speed as my old ADSL (just under 5mb). Havn't touched anything yet. Shall I reboot the Bt or Plusnet router? I understood the max I could get on this line was 38mb but I didnt expect that much....more than half might be nice though Undecided
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: New fibre connection, old ADSL profile :( Me too

Your profile at our side was changed about 40 minutes ago, so the next time you re-connect, you should see the new speeds.
Disconnect, reconnect and let me know if you see any changes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
taras
Grafter

Tony, shouldn't you add this into the pn welcome mail, as it would solve/save alot of forum posts ..
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

The idea is that the ADSL account change happens early in the morning ready for the engineer visit. In theory, the majority of account changes already have the new profiles when the engineer visits. I suspect, in the main at least, it's when we've been manually intervening that this sort of issue occurs.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
HammyHamster
Dabbler

Yes. just reconnected and running at about 20 which is fine with me Smiley
Got the ' Your product change is now complete' hours before the engineer turned up. couldn't find info about the speeds anywhere til I came to the forum. I did actually try rebooting the router before I git a reply and the results were the same. I guess it would help others if there was info about the adsl changeover at your end (unless the info was somewhere and I was too dumb to find it?
Anyway, all good, keep up the good work
Hammy
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Hammy I don't see your problem. When I had my fibre installed the OR engineer did his business with the mk 3 socket an OR modem, then the PN router came out of the box and synched at 30Mbps plug an play. No need for info from PN when everything goes as it should. They can't cover everything that may go wrong  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Current line speed (Plusnet profile) is shown on this page. Previously you would have had the ADSL value (5Mbps), it should now be around 20Mbps.
Part of the product change process should have increased the value to the maximum ahead of the engineer visit but obviously that failed in your case. However it looks like receipt of the first automatic setting fixed the problem.
David
HammyHamster
Dabbler

@PeterLoftus   The problem was sorted as plusnettony described. But it was a problem until someone flipped a switch or did something at PN and then it only took effect after rebooting the router.  So it was nearly, but not quite, 'plug and play'.  How long it would have taken to get up to speed without the extra little info is anyones guess ..a few hours a few days..if its not an uncommon occurance (which it seems to be) then taras has a good point
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Part of my point was I kept the engineer there until I was confident that I had fibre speed but as it happened I was not inconvenienced  Smiley
/edit sorry I hadn't noticed that @taras had chipped in there my comment is more directed at him
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra