cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fibre connection drops out.

Hawklord
Hooked

New fibre connection drops out.

After 20 days working fine my broadband connection dropped out during the night. Could not reset and 2 calls to support apparently gave different results. Still off with orange bar on router and 'b' slowly going on and off, i.e. not flashing. Any help welcomed.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: New fibre connection drops out.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I can see a engineer has been out this weekend and the issue is now resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Hawklord
Hooked

Yes an Openreach engineer came out on Saturday. Very polite, efficient and told us what was happening at each stage.

For information to others the fault had to be rectified by him calling his helpline and was due to all data on our system / account having been wiped - apparently happened to several accounts in our area. Software had to be re-installed remotely and after half an hour or so talking with the helpline everything was back working again. No one seemed to know why the accounts had been wiped - definitely not due to non-payment as monthly fee had just been taken by direct debit.

May be of use to know for others in a similar situation where Plusnet could not fix the fault at their end.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Glad to hear they found the cause!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team