cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fiber connection keeps disconnecting and asking for username and password

cristinalegido

New fiber connection keeps disconnecting and asking for username and password

It basically doesn't work because it connects, all seems fine, and then few seconds after the page comes back asking for username and password. This happens in both the phone and the computer. is this a router fault? 

9 REPLIES 9
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: New fiber connection keeps disconnecting and asking for username and password

Which router are you using?

How are you connecting to it? And which screen is asking you for the username and password?

cristinalegido

Re: New fiber connection keeps disconnecting and asking for username and password

Hi thanks for responding, it is the plusnet hub one, the screen in my laptop is the plusnet webpage asking to enter my username and password, when I do it goes through and it is "you are connected" and then internet wroks, but it only lasts few seconds and it reloads to the page asking to reenter the username and password. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello there,

Hmm, this is quite odd. Have you tried a factory reset of the router?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cristinalegido

Dear Anoush,

I have factory reset the router now, and I can't connect to the internet anymore. what do you suggest?

Also, is it possible to cancel my contract with you and get my money back? since I spent a morning with the BT engineer and now I have been 4 days trying to understand why I don't have any internet, it is looking to me that I am not getting what I have paid for.

cristinalegido

it is Monday eve and didn't get an answer to my message, I am now waiting to chat for 30 min, the installation was 6 days ago and have had no internet since installation. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Sorry to hear that your thread hasn't been picked up and you're still not able to connect to the internet Sad

If you private message me with your username I will see what's happening tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your patience @cristinalegido

Your account didn't activate automatically when your broadband order completed with our suppliers. Sad Apologies for this.

I've activated it, so you should be able to get online. Any issues please let me know.

cristinalegido

Hi Anoush,

It is working now, thank for solving the problem

best wishes, 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Happy to hear it, thanks for coming back to let me know. 🙂

Many apologies for the delay with the activation.