Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: New customer

with reference to sky, it becomes slightly more complicated.
some sky fibre customers would have had an OR modem AND a sky hub.
only those choosing the cheaper "self install" product would have just the sky hub.
either way, the sky hub could not be used on any other ISP as the login details are hard coded into the router and not user accessible.
AndyT
Grafter

@steadyeddieuk - sorry for any confusion that's been caused during your order placement.  I'm going to look in to your account now and will be in touch shortly to confirm everything
Quote from: w23
Originally ALL FTTC installations were provided with a BT OR modem, any migrations of these initial installations would be straightforward since the customer would always have the modem and FTTC faceplate.  After BT and others started supplying combined modem/routers it starts to become more complicated and it is no longer safe to assume that migrating customers would already have the BT OR modem

@w23 - this is exactly the issue and I have noticed it's been causing a few posts in here over the past few days.  I have already fed this back to our provisioning team this afternoon as something that needs to be addressed, so will hopefully have an update for you in the not too distant future Smiley
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Thanks Andy.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
steadyeddieuk
Dabbler

Just a quick update on this thread.
Received a call from Andy who explained that there was some confusion at the moment with the way engineers are booked and that the right checks were not in place but these were being looked into.
He confirmed that my engineer visit was cancelled and that my service would go live on the 22nd (as already confirmed by text from PN)
On the 21st I receive an email stating 'Your broadband service is nearly ready. A BT engineer will be visiting your home to install Plusnet Fibre today'  This was ignored.
The 22nd comes and goes and the changeover doesn't occur. I ring CS to be told that my service was actually activated on the 21st and I should put my details into the PN router and it should work. When I explain that I am still connected to BT I am passed through to the provisioning dept. who explain to me that my service will now not go live until the 30th, the date of the original booked engineer visit, even though the engineer wont be visiting!!
The whole thing so far has been a bit of a shambles. If everything is ready to be activated, why cant they just do it now, why do I have to wait until the 30th.
I will be checking my bills very closely when they come, it wouldn't surprise me if I am being charged from the 21st, not to mention the fact that I am still having to pay BT at the full rate for another week.
I feel for you Andy!! Wink