Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer, some questions

FIXED
FrazUK
Grafter

New customer, some questions

Hey,

The OR engineer came out this morning to install new connection (phone and fiber extra) and I have some questions someone here maybe able to answer.

1. I have no internet as of yet, but phone seems to be working fine. How long does it usually take for the connection to become active after the OR engineer has been?

2. Under order tracking its settled with a blue arrow next to  at "We're taking a first payment of £19.99 for your account" What's this? I paid my upfront fees, installation at £49.99 and first month £27.99 totalling £77.98, so where has this £19.99 come from?

3. I'm not using the supplied router (chose not to have one delivered to save a few bob). Do I need to use my broadband username(assuming the one shown in my members area) with my own router or is it not required?

Thanks a lot!

5 REPLIES 5
MikeBz
Rising Star

Re: New customer, some questions

When PlusNet supply a router it is preconfigured to just plug in and off you go.  If you use a different router you will need to configure it yourself (which includes putting your PN username & password in, and possibly a bunch of settings).

FrazUK
Grafter

Thanks Mike,

AFAIK I haven't been given a password, only a username.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

You can get more details in the Help Section.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Fix
The password to connect to broadband is the one you use to login to the member centre.
FrazUK
Grafter

Cheers for the help guys!