cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

victor1988mo
Hooked

New customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

Hi just signed up to Plusnet Fibre broadband and had the enigneerer came around for the installation on 31/05. However, only received the Hub One today because Plusnet forgot to send it. The engineering obviously could not test it at the time but suggested that the router should just be plug and play. So I tried plugging it in today, solid orange light stayed on and solid orange b came on every so often. I have done everything that I possibly could, such as manually resetting the hub, setting up the broadband username+password in router admin page, resetting the password on the Plusnet portal and then changing it in then router admin page but still saying I am not connected to the internet. Phoned up support and the guy suggested it could be an authentication issue and basically told me to do the exact same things. So I appriciate if anyone here can help me with this problem please?
Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New customer - solid orange light, orange b, no internet

Welcome to our community forums @victor1988mo, sorry to hear you're experiencing connection issues.

Initial tests aren't flagging up any issues and signs do seem to point to a potential authentication issue as you've said. However as you've already been through steps to try and resolve this and you're still experiencing problems, please could you report this issue over at https://faults.plus.net so we can get this raised for further investigation by our suppliers.

Once you've done this, if you let us know here we'll make sure that's picked up and in hand with our suppliers as soon as possible for you.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
victor1988mo
Hooked

Hi Harry,

I have reported the issue as per your suggestion. Please look into it asap as we have been out of internet for almost a week now and it's causing all sorts of inconveniences.
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi, 

I have looked into this issue and tested your circuit again. 

Please view the additional information I have placed on this ticket  on your account and reply to it with the requested information. 

Kind Regards, 

victor1988mo
Hooked

Had another engineering visited this morning and after 2 hours of investigation he eventually pointed out there is a fault with the cabinet exchange, and yet he was not capable of fixing the issue on his own and left. Phoned up Plusnet support again just now and was told I will have to wait until next week to have the problem fixed. This is getting beyond ridiculous and making me very angry and anxious as my job relies on working from home on the Internet. I don't care how you do it but I will need this problem fixed urgently, at the latest by end of this week otherwise I am going to cancel Plusnet and go with another ISP.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately the ports in the cabinet are faulty and there are none spare at this moment in time so a task has been raised to get new ports

We'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
victor1988mo
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. PLEASE esculate the issue to resolve it asap, my patience is wearing thin.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. I'm afraid that escalations don't really help these kind of problems.

From checking the fault report with our suppliers, I can see that this is expected to be resolved on Monday but due to the work involved it's just estimated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
victor1988mo
Hooked

Same orange lights, same frustrations. I give up.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that. From reading the latest updates on our suppliers portal, we should have an update tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've checked your fault report and I can see our suppliers are wanting us to arrange another engineer visit with you to further investigate this.

I've added an update to your ticket 176008252 which you can view and reply to from here

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
victor1988mo
Hooked

Can you tell me where the fault is and is the next engineerer finally going to get it working for sure? I have never experienced such a pathetic service with the needs of the ISP paying 3 visits, numerous phone calls and help requests on the forum to be able to set up the Internet. Is this all a joke?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Our suppliers have advised that they've detected a possible bridge tap on your internal wiring.

To rule out your wiring affecting your connection can you try the steps here letting us know how you get on?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
victor1988mo
Hooked

Just tried the connection with the test socket and made no differnece. So I presume it is nothing to do with our wiring then?

I also recieved two text messages at exactly the same time. One saying the appointment of an engineering visit is confirmed for tomorrow between 8am-1am. Another one saying it has been cancelled because your supplier is going to investigate further. So is an engineering coming or not? I am even more confused with what is going on now?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for trying that.

As the systems we use weren't booking the appointment in correctly I've contacted our suppliers and they've booked the engineer visit in for tomorrow morning for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet