cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer receiving approx. half of estimated speed

nickmoores

New customer receiving approx. half of estimated speed

Hi all,

Generally, I'm pretty happy with my new Plusnet setup, but slightly concerned that having performed multiple speed tests over the past couple of weeks, I've never reached speeds of above 37mbps (despite paying for 76mbps).

All the estimates that were performed by the various online estimation speed tests suggested I shouldn't be getting much below 71mbps.

I also tried a test on speedtest.btwholesale.com just now which suggested that my IP profile is 38mbps - see attached.  This doesn't sound right...could something be wrong with my setup?

Thanks,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: New customer receiving approx. half of estimated speed

That indicates you are on the Unlimited Fibre product (40/2), not Unlimited Fibre Extra (80/20).

What does this show? (requires login)

nickmoores

Hi there,

It shows an order for unlimited fibre extra. Could it be that I've been connected with the wrong product?

Thanks,
Nick
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Yes!  You are on the 40/2 fibre product. Tell PlusNet to put it right.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

It does look likely and is something only customer services will be able to answer.

Contact link

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @nickmoores A warm welcome to the community,

Not able to confirm things as I'm not in the office at the moment, but it does sound like you're on 40/2 product.

If you're signed up for Unlimited Fibre Extra please accept my apologies that this appears to have happened.

If it isn't resolved come Monday, I'll be happy to investigate this for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account @nickmoores and I can see we've placed a modify order on Saturday to provision your service on the wholesale product of 80/20 which should complete tomorrow.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button