cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer questions

lesleyheather

New customer questions

We are waiting for our fibre broadband to start and I am very nervous as I don’t understand technology very much.Does someone come and install it as it says on my email it will be on the date we have chosen and we haven’t been offered a date
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New customer questions

Hi @lesleyheather, welcome to the Plusnet Community forums. Smiley

I expect a staff member will be along later to provide an update on the status of your order. However in the mean time it's possible you might be able to find information yourself by checking for tickets and service notices on your account. You can find these by logging into the Plusnet Member Centre then going to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search. Change the Closed Questions date range to "Closed Questions in the last 30 days" and click the Go button. Viewing the entries there might provide the information you are seeking.

With regard to installation, assuming you already have a phone line it is likely you won't see an engineer on install day, the engineer will visit your local street cabinet and connect things there but doesn't need to visit your property. This is known as a "self-install" which is easy enough to do by following the instructions provided with your router. You should receive your router shortly before the install date.

To give you an idea of what is involved you could take a look at the Plusnet Help video Fibre self-install and your Hub 1

Hope this helps.

David
Ndegwa
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New customer questions

Thank you for getting in contact.

As already  mentioned fibre orders only need external work to be completed by the engineer. in very rare occasions do we need an engineer to visit the property and this would have been advised at the point of sign up. This would only be necessary if you have no telephone sockets in the property for us to take over and use.

if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lee Y
 Plusnet Help Team