cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - not happy

Mayfields

New customer - not happy

I've moved house and decided to go with Plusnet.  It took over 2 weeks for the BT engineer to come to get the fibre connection working and the Openreach box installed.
That was yesterday and although I wasn't home my wife assures me that it was working.  However since late afternoon we've had no DSL connection.  I raised a "Question" early this morning and from following the instructions it seems that we have no dial tone for the phone either.  After looking at some other posts on this forum for Fibre and Telephone, I'm not very optimistic about how long things will take to resolve themselves.
One of the reasons for moving house was that I'd be able to work from home, but it looks like that isn't going to happen for some time now and I'm starting to question if going with Plusnet was a good idea.
7 REPLIES 7
Starmans
Grafter

Re: New customer - not happy

You would be better off phoning them than waiting for your ticket to be responded to do it can take 2 working days. Personally if you believe there is a line fault then you should call them and get a fault raised while you are on the phone.
Mayfields

I raised the ticket via the web since I couldn't find a number to call Sad  That was at 6:20 yesterday.  Since then the last update was
"The problem you've identified with your phone line is the likely cause of your broadband problem. We need this fixing before we can investigate further.
As we're your phone provider, we'll investigate and report this problem for you."
I'm not very optimistic on how long it will take as it took 2 weeks to get the Openreach engineer here.
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I've picked this up for you.
The testing has completed on your telephone line and it appears that Openreach tests detected a disconnection in the local network between you and the cabinet.
A fault has been raised for a network engineer to investigate and this can take upto 48 working hours to complete with an estimated resolution therefore of 22nd September.
Hopefully once the disconnection is resolved, your Fibre service will start working again.
I've updated the support ticket you raised to reflect the same.
Mayfields

Thanks for following up on this for me.
I got a call Saturday morning from the BT engineer to say that he'd fixed the problem - and sure enough everything is working!
scrookes
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Glad to hear all is now resolved.  Thank you for letting us know.
philto
Grafter

old customer not happy looking at a sat system at moment
ChrisWoods
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear it's sorted. Looks like a usual Openwoe / Openwoe subcontractor issue. (Once a KC engineer showed up to fix a line fault, and I lost 1/3 of my broadband sync...)
Quote from: philto
old customer not happy looking at a sat system at moment

You can't really blame Plusnet for your local area's overcontention, historically that's BT's fault for not sufficiently provisioning your area with copper pairs - and it's Openreach's fault for not planning to add more for future demand.
Go with Tooway if you need decent bandwidth and monthly allowance. Expect pings well over 1 second though, any kind of latency-critical gaming is out the window on any sat service.