cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer no internet

Alice1

New customer no internet

At first there was a blue light on my router and it was saying it was connected but I was getting no internet so I tried the fix on here as I think it was not configured properly.

But now it's an orange light with red B on the router and reset and unplugging is doing nothing at all! Very frustrating.
1 REPLY 1
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: New customer no internet

Hi @Alice1,

I'm sorry that you're unable to get online and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Testing your line has indicated that this is due to the router not containing the correct username and password details.

I've re-added the router details to your account which should hopefully allow it to manually configure. Please try factory resetting your router by pushing something into the reset pinhole on the back for at least 15 seconds.

If you're still unable to get online after the reset, please go through the following steps to manually configure the router:

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) When you connect, you will see an option listed as 'Broadband Username' followed by an option to the right labeled 'Change' which you will need to click on.

3) You will now be prompted for a 'Router Password' which is listed both on the back of the router and on the card that came with the router.

4) You will now be asked to input your username and password from ourselves, if it does not allow you to change your username and password, please press 'Disconnect' first. Your username is username@plusdsl.net and your account password is the same as what you would use to log into the members centre. Input both of these and press 'Connect' and you should now be online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team