Did you mean: 

New customer issues

FIXED
tibs210
Hooked
Fixes: 1

New customer issues

Hi all Smiley

I only recently joined Plusnet a few days ago and thus far it's not been that great. I was wondering if someone here can offer some aid on these two isses:

Issue 1) I'm paying a decent amount for "Unlimited Fibre Extra" yet my speed seems to be capped.
So with this package i should be able to get (tested) around 60+Mbps, I had gotten this speed on the 5th around 1 and 2pm. Since then though I've been getting speeds under 20Mbps, it thus far hasn't gone below 10Mbps and hasn't gone passed the 19Mbps mark. My upload seems to be decent enough, the download speed is the issue here.

Issue 2) I can't seem to get a sustainable connection on VPNs.
Previously I had no trouble with the VPN IPVanish, I had decent speeds and no connection issues with my old ISP (Sky). Since moving to Plusnet though I haven't been able to get a sustained connection. The connection seems to get dropped anywhere between a couple of seconds, or if I'm really lucky it can last for around an hour until I need to reconnect. Since I've switched I've also tried to use PIA, another VPN to see if I had a similar result, I did. Using the VPN I treid to use the following protocols:

1. OpenVPN (UDP)
  2. OpenVPN (TCP)
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New customer issues

Hi there! Cheesy

I could tell as soon as I loaded your account that there was an issue with the connection profile having been set incorrectly. I've now fixed this so you should see a considerable improvement to speeds.

With regards to the second issue it's likely that the first was causing this. When a speed profile is set incorrectly that in turn causes issues with how traffic is identified.

Do give the VPN another try and let us know if you still see a problem with that but I'm confident both should be fine now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tibs210
Hooked

@adamwalker wrote:

Hi there! Cheesy

I could tell as soon as I loaded your account that there was an issue with the connection profile having been set incorrectly. I've now fixed this so you should see a considerable improvement to speeds.

With regards to the second issue it's likely that the first was causing this. When a speed profile is set incorrectly that in turn causes issues with how traffic is identified.

Do give the VPN another try and let us know if you still see a problem with that but I'm confident both should be fine now.

Hi @adamwalker

I just got home and done another three speed tests (two wired and another wireless) with the exact same results I posted previously when it comes to speed.

As for the VPNs I've not tested them yet, who knows that may have done the trick. I'll post my results with them later on. I mainly came on here to in regards to the speed issues.

tibs210
Hooked

Ok I'm still getting the same results on the VPN side of things too; I've tried both (IPV and PIA) with Port Clamping enabled and disabled with the exact same results.

So in summary:
Issue 1) Not solved.
Issue 2) Not solved.

tibs210
Hooked

By the way I'm not sure if it's related or not but even without proxy or VPN my location seems to be incorrect, saying instead I'm in England (Kent to be exact, even though I'm in Wales). This is with me having your Static IP Add-On.

pantsman28
Grafter

have a look at http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/monitors.html this will show when the packet loss during the day.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/eda8f5032b36dd342f0e48e6b77e7ee4.html

this mine at the moment.   might be comparing it against others have a similar issue. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/ffffeeeeedddddddd-upppp-slllllloooooowwww-aaaattt-pppp...

tibs210
Hooked

I think we may be having different issues, It hasn't been monitored for long (an hour or so) but thus far it's solid red lines.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

If you're using the Hub One bear in mind that it doesn't respond to pings which would explain the solid red lines.

tibs210
Hooked

Fair enough, that'd explain the red lines.

tibs210
Hooked

Fix

Well issue 1 has been resolved, Issue 2 still stands though.

Issue 1 was fixed by someone who worked at Plus.Net (not the helper on this thread) though they were on the right track. As for the VPN issue, the people I've spoken too seem to be bouncing me around. The VPNs want me to speak to my ISP, and vice versa. Sadly at this rate I don't think I'll get that resolved.

In summary:
Issue 1) Solved.
Issue 2) Not Solved.