cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer hardware question

Benwiddowson

New customer hardware question

Hi

I’m considering rejoining Plusnet from BT. Could someone advise me what hardware Plusnet currently provide as the last time i was with them the router was shockingly poor compared to the BT Homehub. Is it still possible to use a BT HH with Plusnet?

Thanks

Ben

4 REPLIES 4
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: New customer hardware question

Assuming you are talking about a fibre connection the router Plusnet supply is a Hub One which is effectively a rebadged Homehub 5a.

In answer to your second question You can use a BT HH with Plusnet.

Hope that helps.

Benwiddowson

Thanks for the info
What's the service like generally as I read really mixed reviews? I'd be going for fibre.

Thanks again
MrCJLambert
Dabbler

The service for myself has been brilliant. I'm pretty sure you can use your own router if the standard issue one isn't good enough. I'm going to be upgrading to a TP-Link AC router soon from a TP-Link N600 router
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

@Benwiddowson wrote:
What's the service like generally as I read really mixed reviews? 

I must say that in the 8 or 9 months I've been with Plusnet, I have only had 1 slight hiccup which was sorted in less than 24 hours and I had no loss of service. I too am on fibre and my connection has been very stable, and as for the forums there are some very knowledgeable people here who are willing to help on any given situation. (no, they haven't paid me to say that  Cool_smiley). 

Hope to see you around the forums.  Thumbs_Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.